An eight-week, 45-minute development program created to introduce kids to the game of baseball and softball in a fun, exiting and positive indoor environment. Each child will receive important baseball instruction in the areas of throwing, catching, hitting and baserunning. No equipment necessary for 2- and 3-year-olds; all 4- and 5-year-olds, baseball gloves are recommended.
Build Your Own Class:
- Must have at least 4 participants
- Contact HITS400 to set dates that fit your schedule
General Program Information
How does pricing work for Little Hitters?
Prices are based on an eight-week class and they are currently $149. The program would be one day per week for 45 minutes for eight consecutive weeks.
We prorate each week for people who join mid-session and you only pay for the number of weeks remaining when you join.
We do not prorate your fee for classes you miss in the middle of your session or at the end, but we do have makeup classes available based upon availability.
Our classes run consecutive and year-round!
Age and Class Sign-Up
We recommend children participate in the proper age-appropriate classes as defined in our general information. The proper class is determined by the child’s age at the first class of the session. Any exceptions must be approved by HITS400 and will be assessed for suitability by the instructor in the first class of the session.
· Little Hitters is a child development program created to introduce kids ages 2-6 to the game of baseball.
· Little Hitters classes develop important baseball skills such as throwing, catching, hitting and baserunning.
· Developmentally appropriate equipment and games are used to teach your child the game of baseball in a fun, exciting and positive indoor environment.
· Little Hitters has small class sizes; maximum 10 students per class.
· All classes are held indoors.
· Each Little Hitters class lasts 45 minutes.
· No equipment is necessary for 2- and 3-year-olds.
· For 4- and 5-year-olds, baseball gloves are recommended.
· Ask about our No Obligation Trial Class.
· Makeup classes are available.
At Little Hitters, our classes are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that classes are not scheduled on a rollover basis. In other words, you are not automatically signed up for the next session. To ensure your ideal time, please call HITS400 or register on our website. Class dates and times will always be posted online at WWW.HITS400. COM.
Please note that HITS400 reserves the right to delay or cancel classes where enrollment is fewer than five children. Should a cancellation occur, we will make every effort to enroll your child in another class. Since classes that are less than five students will be subject to schedule changes, please have a second class choice time in mind.
· Full class refund is available from the open registration period until one week prior to the first class of the session only
· Full refunds are returned if the reason of termination is due to HITS400 not being able to comply with the terms of the agreement, i.e., class did not meet.
No Obligation Trial
Only one trial class is permitted per child, per family. If a sign-up results in a registration, then payment for that class is due, including the remainder of the session fees.
· Trial classes are granted at the request of the customer. The customer must contact HITS400 to set up all trial classes.
· It is not the responsibility of HITS400 to offer a trial class to any customer at the time of registration. You must request the trial class via telephone. Do not just show up to the class, as it may be full.
· Free trial classes do not obligate the customer in any way to pay for the class or the session that is currently active unless it results in a registration.
We do week-to-week ongoing registration at a prorated fee.
Session Cancellation by Customers
If your request to cancel an entire session is received at least one week prior to the first class of the session, your class fees will be returned.
· Cancellations made less than one week prior to the first class of the session, or during the session, will only receive a credit toward a future session and only if we are able to fill your space and only for the number of classes that the space gets filled.
· If we are unable to form a class during the time you have registered for, you can receive a full refund.
· If we are unable to fill your space prior to the start of the session or during the session, no credit will be issued.
Cancellation of a Class by HITS400
Sometimes there are circumstances that cause HITS400 to have to cancel classes, such as bad weather. These are very rare instances and are completely out of our control. When these instances do happen, we cannot guarantee that a makeup class will be offered and no refunds will be given, as the reason for the cancellation was not caused by HITS400. We will try to offer makeups to customers on a first-come, first-served basis, but we cannot guarantee a makeup will be able to be offered. Our standard makeup policy will apply in this case.
We understand at HITS400 that there will be times that you will be unable to attend a class. It is not necessary to call the office in advance to let the instructors know you cannot make a class.
You must call to schedule a makeup class for any missed classes by calling HITS400 and arranging to participate in an alternate class, pending availability. Makeup classes are at the discretion of HITS400, as we will provide the customer with class times and days that have availability.
· HITS400 does not guarantee makeup class space and/or availability. It is on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Makeup classes have no cash value and cannot be applied toward another session or given to another member or non-member.
· Classes not made up upon completion of the session are forfeited and will not carry over into any subsequent sessions.
Sessions must be paid for in advance and in full. All registrations made online can only be processed with a credit or debit card. Cash and money orders are also accepted, but you must pay with those methods at the HITS400 facility.
We understand that once your child finds an instructor with whom he or she is comfortable, you may want to continue with that instructor. We will try our best to accommodate you with your request. However, we can’t guarantee that you will be assigned the instructor that you request. All of our instructors are well-trained and will provide your child with a fun environment to learn the game of baseball or softball.
We schedule our instructors to avoid any unnecessary staff absences. However, at times an instructor may be unavoidably absent. Should your instructor be absent, we will provide an equally competent substitute.
Please check in with the instructor each week. Please provide your child’s first and last name and the class they are participating in. Please do not assume we know who you are, as we have many new students being added each week.
ATTIRE: We require tennis shoes and athletic clothing they can freely move in. No sandals, no dress shoes.
Parent participation classes – Please, only one parent per child on the playing field. This will allow for more focus and attention to the activities.
Absolutely no food or drinks or gum during class.
Bathroom Breaks: Have child use the bathroom before classes.
Please refrain from using your cell phones in the parent participation classes.
Liability Waiver Form - All parents of participants are required to sign this document on behalf of their child prior to stepping onto the field. There are no exceptions to this rule. Should you not sign this document, your child will not be allowed to participate and no credits or refunds will be issued.
Safety - We at HITS400 believe in providing a safe environment for your children to participate in.
Questions & Answers
Find answers to our frequently asked questions (FAQ’s). If you do not find an answer to your question here, please call our office.
Q: Is Little Hitters a team or a class?
A: Little Hitters is a youth sports development program that offers baseball “skill building” classes for children ages 2-5. We are not a baseball team and we are not in any baseball league.
Q: Are the times offered on each schedule the only times available for class?
A: Yes, the times for the classes listed on the schedule are the only times available. However, please check the schedule frequently, as we are always adding new classes and special events.
Q: The schedule shows classes on several different days, so do I need to go all of the classes?
A: You pick the one day and time that is best for you and that is the one class you go to each week.
Q: What do I need to bring to class each week?
A: We provide all equipment needed for the class! We do recommend the children have their own glove for the 4- and 5- year-old class, but we will provide one to use if you do not have one.
Q: What kind of equipment is used?
A: We use plastic Wiffle® Ball bats, Wiffle® Ball balls, rubber and plastic tees, and rubber bases! In the 4/5 year-old class, we do introduce soft baseballs and T-Ball bats. Safety is very important to us, and will make sure to provide a safe environment for the children as they learn the game of baseball.
Q: Do I need to buy a baseball glove?
A: As we mentioned above, gloves will not be used in the 2/3 year-old class, but we will introduce glove training in the 4/5 year-old class. We recommend having your own glove for those classes, but it is not a required purchase as we will provide gloves to anyone who does not have one. We do have youth gloves available for purchase at the HITS400 facility in the HPro Shop.
Q: How long are the classes?
A: All Little Hitters classes are 45 minutes.
Q: My child will turn 4 in the middle of the session, so can I just sign him/her up for a 4/5 year-old class instead of the 2/3 year-old class?
A: If you are new to the program, we recommend doing the class that fits your child’s age at the time you join. The coach can assess the ability of the child once the session begins and recommend a higher level class (age group), and you are allowed to move up or down depending on the situation. This applies for all ages and classes.
Q: Can I just drop my child off at HITS400 for the class, or do I have to stay for the class?
A: Under no circumstances should children be dropped off and left at the facility for class! Our coaches cannot be held solely responsible for the kids before or after class, and they will not have the time to help with situations that arise during class, such as “meltdowns” and potty breaks.
Q: What happens if we pay for the full session and after three weeks my child does not want to go anymore?
A: Please refer to our Refund Policy under our General Policies.
4000 Hedgcoxe Road Plano, Texas 75024